The Windows key is the most underrated on your keyboard. Most people only use it to open the Start menu, but you can use it for the Windows key alphabet instead to drastically improve your productivity. In this guide, we will show you some fantastic keyboard shortcuts that use the little-known Windows key alphabet.
Windows key alphabet
1. Windows key + A: Opens the Action Center, where you can access quick settings and notifications.
2. Windows key + B: Show hidden icons on the taskbar.
3. Windows key + C: Opens Microsoft Teams Chat (personal).
4. Windows key + D: Minimizes all your open windows and shows your desktop. This can help if you need to quickly access files or shortcuts that are on your desktop.
5. Windows key + E: Opens File Explorer, where you can navigate directly to the files or folders you need.
6. Windows key + I: Opens the Settings app, where you can customize your Windows settings.
7. Windows key + L: Locks your Windows PC and takes you to the login screen that you see when your PC turns on. This is a good way to secure your PC if you need to step away for a moment.
8. Windows key + R: Opens the Run dialog box, where you can quickly run a command.
9. Windows key + S: Opens Search, which you can use to find files, apps, and settings on your Windows PC.
10. Windows key + X: Opens the Quick Link menu, where you can quickly access various Windows system tools and settings.
Mastering the Windows key alphabet can be a game-changer for any Windows 10 or Windows 11 user.
By using these Windows key alphabet keyboard shortcuts, you can perform your daily tasks much more efficiently and save yourself a ton of time. The best part is these shortcuts are easy to remember and can quickly become a habit that you can incorporate into your daily workflow.